* What is MUTEX ?
* What isthe difference between a 'thread' and a 'process'?
* What is INODE?
* Explain the working of Virtual Memory.
* How does Windows NT supports Multitasking?
* Explain the Unix Kernel.
* What is Concurrency? Expain with example Deadlock and Starvation.
* What are your solution strategies for "Dining Philosophers Problem" ?
* Explain Memory Partitioning, Paging, Segmentation.
* Explain Scheduling.
* Operating System Security.
* What is Semaphore?
* Explain the following file systems : NTFS, Macintosh(HPFS), FAT .
* What are the different process states?
* What is Marshalling?
* Define and explain COM?
* What is Marshalling?
* Difference - Loading and Linking ?
* What are the basic functions of an operating system?
* Explain briefly about, processor, assembler, compiler, loader, linker and the functions executed by them.
* What are the difference phases of software development? Explain briefly?
* Differentiate between RAM and ROM?
* What is DRAM? In which form does it store data?
* What is cache memory?
* What is hard disk and what is its purpose?
* Differentiate between Complier and Interpreter?
* What are the different tasks of Lexical analysis?
* What are the different functions of Syntax phase, Sheduler?
* What are the main difference between Micro-Controller and Micro-Processor?
* Describe different job scheduling in operating systems.
* What is a Real-Time System ?
* What is the difference between Hard and Soft real-time systems ?
* What is a mission critical system ?
* What is the important aspect of a real-time system ?
* If two processes which shares same system memory and system clock in a distributed system, What is it called?
* What is the state of the processor, when a process is waiting for some event to occur?
* What do you mean by deadlock?
* Explain the difference between microkernel and macro kernel.
* Give an example of microkernel.
* When would you choose bottom up methodology?
* When would you choose top down methodology?
* Write a small dc shell script to find number of FF in the design.
* Why paging is used ?
* Which is the best page replacement algorithm and Why? How much time is spent usually in each phases and why?
* Difference between Primary storage and secondary storage?
* What is multi tasking, multi programming, multi threading?
* Difference between multi threading and multi tasking?
* What is software life cycle?
* Demand paging, page faults, replacement algorithms, thrashing, etc.
* Explain about paged segmentation and segment paging
* While running DOS on a PC, which command would be used to duplicate the entire diskette?