Frequently Asked Questions - Database
* What are the different types of joins?
* Explain normalization with examples.
* What cursor type do you use to retrieve multiple recordsets?
* Diffrence between a "where" clause and a "having" clause
* What is the difference between "procedure" and "function"?
* How will you copy the structure of a table without copying the data?
* How to find out the database name from SQL*PLUS command prompt?
* Tadeoffs with having indexes
* Talk about "Exception Handling" in PL/SQL?
* What is the diference between "NULL in C" and "NULL in Oracle?"
* What is Pro*C? What is OCI?
* Give some examples of Analytical functions.
* What is the difference between "translate" and "replace"?
* What is DYNAMIC SQL method 4?
* How to remove duplicate records from a table?
* What is the use of ANALYZing the tables?
* How to run SQL script from a Unix Shell?
* What is a "transaction"? Why are they necessary?
* Explain Normalizationa dn Denormalization with examples.
* When do you get contraint violtaion? What are the types of constraints?
* How to convert RAW datatype into TEXT?
* Difference - Primary Key and Aggregate Key
* How functional dependency is related to database table design?
* What is a "trigger"?
* Why can a "group by" or "order by" clause be expensive to process?
* What are "HINTS"? What is "index covering" of a query?
* What is a VIEW? How to get script for a view?
* What are the Large object types suported by Oracle?
* What is SQL*Loader?
* Difference between "VARCHAR" and "VARCHAR2" datatypes.
* What is the difference among "dropping a table", "truncating a table" and "deleting all records" from a table.
* Difference between "ORACLE" and "MICROSOFT ACCESS" databases.
* How to create a database link