Questions To Ask During HR Interviews

Usually by the end of the interview the HR person would ask you whether you have any questions. Under the stress of the job interview sometimes nothing comes to mind, but here’s a list of useful questions to ask.

  1. Why do you enjoy working for this company?
  2. What attracted you to this organization?
  3. Can you describe the work environment here?
  4. How do you describe the philosophy of the company or organization?
  5. What do you consider to be the organization’s strengths and weaknesses?
  6. Can you tell me more about my day-to-day responsibilities?
  7. How soon are you looking to fill this position?
  8. How do my skills compare with those of the other candidates you have interviewed?
  9. I have really enjoyed meeting with you and your team, and I am very interested in the opportunity. I feel my skills and experience would be a good match for this position. What is the next step in your interview process?
  10. Before I leave, is there anything else you need to know concerning my ability to do this job?
  11. In your opinion, what is the most important contribution that this company expects from its employees?
  12. Is there a structured career path at the company?
  13. What are my prospects for advancement? If I do a good job, what is a logical next step?
  14. Assuming I was hired and performed well for a period of time, what additional opportunities might this job lead to?
  15. Do the most successful people in the company tend to come from one area of the company, such as sales or engineering, or do they rise from a cross section of functional areas?
  16. I know that for the position for which I am interviewing, the company decided to recruit from outside the organization. How do you decide between recruiting from within and going outside?
  17. How does this position relate to the bottom line?
  18. What advice would you give to someone in my position?
  19. What major problems are we facing right now in this department or position?
  20. Can you give me a formal, written description of the position? I’m interested in reviewing in detail the major activities involved and what results are expected.
  21. Does this job usually lead to other positions in the company? Which ones?
  22. Can you please tell me a little bit about the people with whom I’ll be working most closely?
  23. As I understand the position, the title as ________, the duties are _______, and the department is called ________. I would report directly to __________. Is that right?
  24. Can you talk about the company’s commitment to equal opportunity and diversity?
  25. Who are the company’s stars, and how was their status determined?
  26. How are executives addressed by their subordinates?
  27. What can you tell me about the prevailing management style?
  28. If you hired me, what would be my first assignment?
  29. Does the company have a mission statement? May I see it? Does the company have a mission statement? May I see it?

4 comments:

  1. It would be better if answers are also provided

    ReplyDelete
  2. HR interview is an opportunity for both, the interviewer and the candidate to market themselves.
    Staff Recruitment Agency in Hosur | Legal Liaisoning Consultant in Hosur

    ReplyDelete
  3. impressive and nice article.. visit http://www.interviewguide.in/hr-interview-questions for HR interview questions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive and covers all essential today's modern HR Interview Q&A for both freshers/experienced candidates. For more deeper insights, one can also contact Optima HR.


    HR services London
    hr projects
    hr support in berkshire
    best hr support in berkshire
    hr support london

    ReplyDelete