* User(s) are complaining of delays when using the network. What would you do?
* What are some of the problems associated with operating a switched LAN?
* Name some of the ways of combining TCP/IP traffic and SNA traffic over the same link.
* What sort of cabling is suitable for Fast Ethernet protocols?
* What is a Class D IP address?
* Why do I sometimes lose a server's address when using more than one server?
* What is Firewall?
* How do I monitor the activity of sockets?
* How would I put my socket in non-blocking mode?
* What are RAW sockets?
* What is the role of TCP protocol and IP protocol.
* What is UDP?
* How can I make my server a daemon?
* How should I choose a port number for my server?
* Layers in TCP/IP
* How can I be sure that a UDP message is received?
* How to get IP header of a UDP message
* Writing UDP/SOCK_DGRAM applications
* How many bytes in an IPX network address?
* What is the difference between MUTEX and Semaphore?
* What is priority inversion?
* Different Solutions to dining philosophers problem.
* What is a message queue?
* Questions on Shared Memory.
* What is DHCP?
* Working of ping, telnet, gopher.
* Can I connect two computers to internet using same line ?
* Why networks are layered ? What is the advantage of that ?
* How many layers are there in OSI ? Why is it called OSI model ?
* network topologies ?
* Which are the different network toplogies ?
* an example of bus type network.
* What is the Bandwidth of ethernet ?
* Explain the advantage and disadvantage of ethernet ?
* Which is the protocol used in ethernet. (CSMA/CD) Why is it called so ?
* What is the advantage of Ring network ?
* Compare it with ethernet.