1) Decipher this sentence.
B R W Q H L F K W H J K Q I B W K
Q I C E D W Z B G W K K M I K E
Z B G Q H S K Z B G J K Z K W
B U U Z B G J D B H F W.
2) At what time immediately prior to Six O'clock the hands of the clock are exactly opposite to each other. Give the exact time in hours, minutes and seconds
3) Ali Baba had four sons, to whom he bequeathed his 39 camels, with the proviso that the legacy be divided in the following way :
The oldest son was to receive one half the property, the next a quarter, the third an eighth and the youngest one tenth. The four brothers were at a loss as how to divide the inheritance among themselves without cutting up a camel, until a stranger appeared upon the scene.
Dismounting from his camel, he asked if he might help, for he knew just what to do. The brothers gratefully accepted his offer.
Adding his own camel to Ali Baba's 39, he divided the 40 as per the will. The oldest son received 20, the next 10, the third 5 and the youngest 4. One camel remained : this was his, which he mounted and rode away.
Scratching their heads in amazement, they started calculating. The oldest thought : is not 20 greater than the half of 39? Someone must have received less than his proper share ! But each brother discovered that he had received more than his due. How is it possible?
4) There is a family party consisting of two fathers, two mothers, two sons, one father-in-law, one mother-in-law, one daughter-in-law, one grandfather, one grandmother and one grandson.
What is the minimum number of persons required so that this is possible?
5) A man went into a fast food restaurant and ate a meal costing Rs. 105, giving the accountant a Rs. 500 note. He kept the change, came back a few minutes later and had some food packed for his girl friend. He gave the accountant a Rs. 100 note and received Rs. 20 in change. Later the bank told the accountant that both the Rs. 500 and the Rs. 100 notes were counterfeit.
How much money did the restaurant lose? Ignore the profit of the food restaurant.
S L I D E
- D E A N
3 6 5 1
Each of seven digits from 0-9 are represented by a different letter above such that the subtraction is true.
What word represents 3651?
7) Adam, Burzin, Clark and Edmund each live in an apartment. Their apartments are arranged in a row numbered 1 to 4 from left to right. Also, one of them is the landlord.
If Clark's apartment is not next to Burzin's apartment, then the landlord is Adam and lives in apartment 1.
If Adam's apartment is right of Clark's apartment, then the landlord is Edmund and lives in apartment 4.
If Burzin's apartment is not next to Edmund's apartment, then the landlord is Clark and lives in apartment 3.
If Edmund's apartment is right of Adam's apartment, then the landlord is Burzin and lives in apartment 2.
Who is the landlord?
8) B, J and P are related to each other.
Among the three are B's legal spouse, J's sibling and P's sister-in-law.
B's legal spouse and J's sibling are of the same sex.
Who is the married man?
9) A cube is made of a white material, but the exterior is painted black.
If the cube is cut into 125 smaller cubes of exactly the same size, how many of the cubes will have atleast 2 of their sides painted black?
10) Imagine a triangle of coins on a table so that the first row has one coin in it and the second row has two coins in it and so on. If you can only move one coin at a time, how many moves does it take to make the triangle point the other way?
For a triangle with two row it is one, for a triangle with three rows it is two, for a triangle with four rows it is three.
For a traingle with five rows is it four?