11) Mr. Subramaniam rents a private car for Andheri-Colaba-Andheri trip. It costs him Rs. 300 everyday.
One day the car driver informed Mr. Subramaniam that there were two students from Bandra who wished to go from Bandra to Colaba and back to Bandra. Bandra is halfway between Andheri and Colaba. Mr. Subramaniam asked the driver to let the students travel with him.
On the first day when they came, Mr. Subramaniam said, "If you tell me the mathematically correct price you should pay individually for your portion of the trip, I will let you travel for free."
How much should the individual student pay for their journey?
12) In training for a competition, you find that swimming downstream (with the current) in a river, you can swim 2 miles in 40 minutes, & upstream (against the current), you can swim 2 miles in 60 minutes.
How long would it take you to swim a mile in still water?
13) How many different ways can this be accomplished? Note that the first person can choose any of the 11 seats.
(question is not completly avilable..will be updated asap)
14) The ratio of Boys to Girls is 6:4. 60% of the boys and 40% of the girls take lunch in the canteen. What % of class takes lunch in canteen?
15) In the General meeting of "Friends Club", Sameer said, "The repairs to the Club will come to a total of Rs 3120 and I propose that this amount should be met by the members, each paying an equal amount."
The proposal was immediately agreed. However, four members of the Club chose to resign, leaving the remaining members to pay an extra Rs 26 each.
How many members did the Club originally have?
16) A tank can be filled by pipe A in 30 minutes and by pipe B in 24 minutes. Outlet pipe C can empty the full tank in one hour and twenty minutes.
If the tank is empty initially and if all the three pipes A, B and C are opened simultaneously, in how much time will the tank be full?
17) A rich old Arab has three sons. When he died, he willed his 17 camels to the sons, to be divided as follows:
First Son to get 1/2 of the camels Second Son to get 1/3rd of the camels Third Son to get 1/9th of the camels.
The sons are sitting there trying to figure out how this can possibly be done, when a very old wise man goes riding by. They stop him and ask him to help them solve their problem. Without hesitation he divides the camels properly and continues riding on his way.
How did he do it?
18) There are 3 colored boxes - Red, Green and Blue. Each box contains 2 envelopes. Each envelope contains money - two of them contain Rs. 25000 each, two of them contain Rs. 15000 each and remaining two contain Rs. 10000 each.
There is one statement written on the cover of each box.
* Red Box: Both, a red box and a blue box contain Rs. 10000 each.
* Green Box: Both, a green box and a red box contain Rs. 25000 each.
* Blue Box: Both, a blue box and a green box contain Rs. 15000 each.
Only one of the above 3 statements is true and the corresponding box contains the maximum amount.
Can you tell which box contains the maximum amount and how much?
19) Sachin, Dravid and Ganguly played in a Cricket match between India and England.
None of them scored more than 99 runs.
If you add the digits of the runs scored by Sachin to his own score, you will get the runs scored by Dravid.
If you reverse the digits of the runs scored by Dravid, you will get the runs scored by Ganguly.
The total runs scored by them is 240.
Can you figure out their individual scores?
20) Substitute digits for the letters to make the following relation true.
W O R L D
+ T R A D E
C E N T E R
Note that the leftmost letter can't be zero in any word. Also, there must be a one-to-one mapping between digits and letters. e.g. if you substitute 3 for the letter W, no other letter can be 3 and all other W in the puzzle must be 3.
<<< Previous >>> NExt