121. What is the difference between file server and a database server ?
A file server just transfers all the data requested by all its client and the client processes the data while a database server runs the query and sends only the query output.
122. What is inheritance ?
Inheritance is a method by which properties and methods of an existing object are automatically passed to any object derived from it.
123. What are the two components of ODBC ?
1. An ODBC manager/administrator and
2. ODBC driver.
124. What is the function of a ODBC manager ?
The ODBC Manager manages all the data sources that exists in the system.
125. What is the function of a ODBC Driver ?
The ODBC Driver allows the developer to talk to the back end database.
126. What description of a data source is required for ODBC ?
The name of the DBMS, the location of the source and the database dependent information.
127. How is a connection establised by ODBC ?
ODBC uses the description of the datasource available in the ODBC.INI file to load the required drivers to access that particular back end database.
courtesy:DEVFYI - Developer Resource - FYI